There are some amazing places that you can visit in California. It’s a great state, full of natural beauty and culture. I’ve put together this list of my top 10 romantic getaways California that will make your trip one to remember with that special someone.
1. The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
If you’re looking for a romantic getaway with your significant other, the Ritz-Carlton may be the perfect place.
This luxury hotel has been named one of the top hotels in San Francisco by TripAdvisor and is located near Union Square. The hotel has 464 guest rooms and suites that come with views of either downtown or city parks (or both).
The rooms are decorated in warm tones like browns, golds, and creams–and feature amenities such as marble bathtubs and heated bathroom floors!
2. The Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur
The Post Ranch Inn, located in Big Sur, is one of the most romantic getaways California has to offer. The location itself is breathtaking: it sits on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and features stunning views from every room.
The amenities at this hotel are second to none: you can enjoy spa services or relax in their infinity pool overlooking the ocean below.
You can also take advantage of their fitness center or book yourself into one of their cooking classes for an afternoon that will leave both your stomachs happy!
For the foodies, they have amazing dining options, there’s no shortage here either–the Post Ranch Inn has two restaurants (a casual option as well as upscale dining), plus they have room service if you feel like staying in your room but still want something delicious delivered right to your door!
You can never go wrong with room service 🙂
3. Donner Ski Ranch
Donner Ski Ranch is located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, about an hour and a half from Reno. The resort offers skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, and tubing.
You can also bring your furry friend to enjoy your getaway with you!
The best part about this place is that it’s open year-round so even if it’s not ski season yet there are still plenty of activities to do here as well.
4. La Costa Hotel and Spa, Carlsbad, CA
La Costa Hotel and Spa are situated on the beach in Carlsbad, California. It’s known for its luxurious rooms, great food and drink options, and stunning ocean views.
The hotel offers guests access to an extensive list of amenities including a spa with massage rooms; an indoor pool; a workout room with cardio equipment; valet parking service available at an additional cost; concierge services available 24 hours per day/seven days per week upon request.
Guests can enjoy breakfast daily at either The Café or Il Cortile restaurants located within La Costa Hotel & Spa property.
5. Boat cruise to the Channel Islands
Biking, hiking, and horseback riding are all popular activities on Catalina Island. The beaches are some of the most beautiful in California and there are many opportunities for diving and snorkeling.
The Santa Barbara Channel Islands National Park offers visitors a chance to see wildlife like sea lions, whales, and dolphins up close as well as explore some beautiful scenery. You can also rent boats at Anacapa Island if you want a more private experience!
6. Napa Valley wineries
Napa Valley is the world’s largest wine-producing region, and it’s home to more than 400 wineries. It’s also home to the Napa Valley Wine Train, a luxury train that offers visitors an opportunity to experience Napa from a different vantage point while they enjoy fine dining and wine tasting.
The train has been running since 1984 and provides guests with an intimate look into life in this beautiful area of California by offering tours through several small towns as well as access to some of the region’s best vintages.
7. Redwood National Park
Redwood National Park is a beautiful place to visit. There are many things to do there, and it’s close to San Francisco. You can visit the park by car or by train.
If you take the train, you can buy a one-way ticket or an all-day pass. The train leaves from San Francisco’s Embarcadero Station.
You’ll have to take a bus to get from the station to the park entrance.
8. The Four Seasons in Santa Barbara
The Four Seasons is one of the most luxurious hotels in California. It’s located right on the water and has some of the best views of any hotel in the area.
It’s also a short drive from downtown Santa Barbara, which can be accessed via shuttle or car services. The rooms themselves feature marble bathrooms, pillow-top mattresses, flat-screen TVs with cable channels, and Wi-Fi access throughout your stay!
The hotel offers several restaurants including The Bistro that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Also, has an afternoon tea service offered daily
The hotel also offers a full-service spa. The gym is located on the top floor of the hotel and offers an array of state-of-the-art equipment for your workout needs.
The hotel also has two pools, one on the roof of the hotel and one at ground level. The rooftop pool offers views of downtown Santa Barbara while the other is located right next to the beach with views of the ocean.
9. Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica
Casa Del Mar is located in Santa Monica, California. This hotel offers several amenities including a reception and room service.
The property also has several pools and spa facilities as well as restaurants on site.
Casa Del Mar offers rooms with views of either the city or ocean from their balconies or terraces which are equipped with seating areas that allow you to relax while taking in the views outside your window with that special someone.
10. Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles
Hotel Bel Air is a luxury hotel located in Beverly Hills, California. It’s one of the most beautiful and historic hotels in Los Angeles, with its origins beginning back when it was built as a mansion in 1919 by William Randolph Hearst and Marion Davies.
The hotel has been featured on many television shows including Sex & the City and Entourage and has hosted celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, and more!
This makes Hotel Bel Air a popular destination for many Hollywood stars or anyone looking for luxury accommodations while visiting Los Angeles.
11. W Hollywood in West Hollywood
Located in West Hollywood, W Hollywood offers luxury accommodations and a central location. Just steps from the hotel, you’ll find restaurants and shopping on Melrose Avenue and Beverly Hills.
The hotel provides guests with an outdoor pool and a sun deck. A fitness center is also available for guests to use during their stay at this fabulous hotel.
Travelers can choose between king studio rooms or queen executive rooms.
All rooms provide free WiFi access and flat-screen TVs with cable channels as well as coffee makers with complimentary tea packets and bottled water replenished daily at check-in time; some also have fireplaces or whirlpool tubs in bathrooms.
12. La Costa Resort and Spa outside San Diego
If you’re looking for a romantic getaway in California, La Costa Resort and Spa is an ideal choice. Located on the Pacific Ocean, this luxury resort offers golf courses and tennis courts for your activities during the day.
In addition to its excellent amenities (including spa treatments), La Costa also has several restaurants serving cuisine from around the world.
If you’re looking to get away from the city, but still want to be close enough to return at night, consider a day trip.
Day trips are great because they give you a taste of what’s outside your comfort zone and can be done in just one day. They also let you see more than just what’s right in front of your eyes. If all this sounds good, then here are some ideas for exploring nearby destinations:
- World-class wine tasting: Just an hour north of San Francisco lies Napa Valley (Which is #7 on this list), home to some of the best wineries in California–and even America! You can spend hours driving around tasting different wines (and enjoying incredible views) at various locations like Silverado Trail Winery or Robert Mondavi Winery. You can spend more than a day here but if that is all you have going to Napa Valley is worth it!
- The city by the bay: San Francisco is just an hour south of Napa Valley, so why not spend a day in this iconic city? Take a walk through Golden Gate Park or visit Alcatraz Island. You can also take a ferry ride to Sausalito and wander around the quaint town before heading back to Napa.*
Only have time for a night out? Well, you are in luck! California is full of restaurants that will make you feel like you’re in a movie.
Nobu Restaurant, Malibu has an intimate setting and delicious food. Alexander’s Steakhouse, Los Angeles offers prime cuts of meat with a view of the city skyline.
Alexander’s Steakhouse, Los Angeles
Alexander’s Steakhouse is located on the roof of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles. It offers panoramic views of Los Angeles and Catalina Island, as well as an elegant dining experience. The menu features premium cuts of beef.
The restaurant also offers seafood dishes such as lobster tails and king crab legs; there are also several vegetarian options if you don’t eat meat but want something filling nonetheless!
Alexander’s Steakhouse has received numerous awards over its long history including being named one of the “Top 10 Romantic Restaurants in California” by Zagat Surveyors who have been visiting restaurants all over America since 1979
If you’re looking for a special place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, Alexander’s Steakhouse is the perfect spot for an elegant evening out.
Nobu Restaurant, Malibu
Nobu is a Japanese restaurant located in Malibu that has received a Michelin star for nearly 20 years. The chef, Nobu Matsuhisa, opened his first sushi bar in Los Angeles in 1987 and went on to open more than 40 restaurants worldwide. The menu is designed around fresh ingredients and a fusion between Japanese and Peruvian cuisines.
The dining room at Nobu offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean from its perch above Broad Beach; guests can also enjoy their meal on their own private balcony or terrace if they prefer privacy over panoramic vistas (which may be preferable if you’re trying to impress someone).
Whether you’re flying in or driving, there are plenty of ways to get around California.
- Rent a car: Renting a car allows you to explore the state at your own pace and go where you want. It’s also one of the most affordable ways to travel around California, and if you really want to impress that special someone during your your romantic getaway try to rent a really nice car. You can find great deals with our partners at Discovercars.com
- Take public transportation: If renting isn’t an option for whatever reason, then taking public transportation like a bus might be an alternative for getting around town during your stay.
- Taxis: They operate all day long; plus they’re relatively inexpensive compared with other forms of transportation such as Uber/Lyft rides.
- Uber/Lyft: If you are not renting a car or using the bus; Uber/Lyft rides can be a great option because you can order a ride relatively quick.
Where to Book Your Hotel?
When you’re booking your hotel, there are a few things to keep in mind. First of all, what kind of accommodations do you want? Do you need a place with an ocean view? Are there any amenities that would be important to your trip (like free WiFi or breakfast)? And how much should you expect to pay?
If this is the first time you’ve booked a room online and aren’t sure where to start, here are some tools that can help:
- WayAway: Our #1 choice because you can find great deals on flights, hotels and activities you want to do during your romantic getaways California. Especially if you sign up for their plus membership which gives you cashback! You can check out our review here…
- Booking.com has thousands of options available across California with different locations and price ranges. They also have user reviews so that guests can leave feedback about their experiences at each hotel–this is especially helpful when choosing between multiple properties in one area!
- Expedia: Offers deals on flights as well as hotels so users can find exactly what they need without having too many options thrown at them at once. They offer deals from all over California including Los Angeles but also San Diego down south along with other popular destinations like Yosemite National Park up north near Sacramento.
Romantic Getaways California Summary
If you want to experience the best of California, there are plenty of romantic getaways for couples. The state is home to many beautiful beaches, mountains, and deserts that offer a wide range of activities for couples who love spending time together in nature.
You can go hiking or camping in some national parks like Yosemite or Sequoia, or visit one of those popular spots like Hollywood sign and Griffith Observatory where romance comes naturally!
Other Romantic Getaways Destinations
If you need help finding a flight look here…